The Advantage of a Single
End-to-End ERP Software
Forging a seamless connection between your Point of Sale, accounting software and inventory system is essential for a retailer managing multiple locations.
It makes life easier for both employees and head office, resulting in a smoother experience for your customers, but it also eliminates gaps in communication that can be security vulnerabilities.
How Will ERP Benefit Drugstore Businesses?
The tangible benefits of a comprehensive ERP solution are quite significant.
Interface with Your RX Application
Magstar connects the dots between your POS and your RX Application / Package. This connection enables:
Clarity across all your systems regarding when to bill the co-pay Analytical insight into your prescription filling process, for example:
- How long does a filled prescription sit waiting for pickup, on average?
- How many filled prescriptions are currently waiting for pickup?
- How many prescriptions normally sit waiting for pickup?
- How long does it take your employees to fill prescriptions?
Manage Stock Intelligently
By monitoring and ordering inventory using an automated system designed for drugstore users, you can:
- Quickly identify understocked items, especially to maintain facing on shelves allocated to particular vendors
- Automate replenishment and distribution
- Ensure stock availability while running promotions
- Match inventory to the needs and demands of each of your locations and their unique customer base
- Handle a wide range of product mixes
Promotional Offer Management (Retail)
Magstar’s system is designed with an understanding of how important promotional offers are to drugstores and their customers.
- Run multiple overlapping promotions simultaneously
- Manage the sending of flyers to customer addresses collected in Magstar’s CRM
- Automatically ensure stock availability of items connected to promotions
- Monitor and manage promotional pricing from your various vendors
- Ability to create a promotion specifically designed for loyalty members
Promotional Offer Management (Trade)
In the Purchase Order application, the Purchasing department can create purchase orders that automatically pick up the trade/vendor cost promotion based on the start and end date of that trade promotion.
- Users have the ability to assign a new list price, wholesale price, supplier cost and landed cost to a range of items to start on a specific date
- During standard automated polling processes, new prices will automatically be updated at the POS and Web Browser based on the new effective date
- Management of promotions based on start and end date are automatic once set up at the head office
Product Information Management
As a drugstore, the products you offer to your customers range widely to best cater to their needs. Your ERP system will understand and accommodate for that, by:
- Recognizing and matching item types to your store planogram, understanding which shelf space is dedicated to specific products, and which products are interchangeable
- Grouping product variations by vendor and intelligently prioritizing best selling items within the vendor’s allotted shelf space when inventory exceeds capacity
- Applying logic for automations as needed by the type of product, treating things like hair ties and stationary differently from over-the-counter medication
- Every item in the database is assigned to a family grouping which is comprised of a department/subdepartment, category/subcategory and to a brand code grouping
- The item/product maintenance tool provides the user the ability to update and maintain existing and new product information utilizing automatic updates from outside databases or directly into the datafile. Detailed information is maintained regarding current and future pricing; multiple vendors/costs; multiple UPC; SKUs and PLUs related to the same product, item notes and images, and support cross-selling capabilities.
- Using auto-replenishment, users can create automated processes to manage the stores inventory levels based on sales activity, quantity on hand and reorder levels. For new items, the history of similar items can be used to create a starting profile for the item
- For a new location, the history of products of a similar categorized store can be used to create a product profile until the new store has established its own profile
- Within the Purchase Order application, the system will automatically generate store replacement orders based on sales activity and min/max
Better Understand Your Market
Insight into the wants and needs of your customers is essential to earning their loyalty by providing them with the best service and selection possible.
- Automatically gather customer information for your CRM when you scan an ID
- Aggregate your sales data from the POS to track the trends and seasonalities, reinforcing business decisions with the support of empirical evidence
- Track the performance of promotions to adjust future campaigns for more success
- Understand the unique needs of customers as they vary from location to location
Product Development Driven
by Drugstore Best Practices
You’re not just any other retailer – your business comes with unique challenges that call for specialized solutions, and Magstar understands that. The solution comes preconfigured with the core fields, reports and automated workflows that all drugstores need.
Magstar has spent thirty years establishing close relationships with drugstore experts and is involved in a number of industry organizations like the NACDS. It’s through these relationships that we are able to incorporate many industry-specific best practices into our software development.
Stay on top of regulatory compliance with built in alerts for needed actions like ID verification.
Connect to government databases like Prescription Monitoring Programs to automatically flag transactions
that are of concern.
Keep track of the specialized product information essential to your operations, like:
small sample of possible product fields
By using Magstar’s new POS and Total Warehouse systems, Bartell has increased our already high customer service levels. Magstar has also helped us make a favorable impact on our bottom line. Bartell Drugs Ltd.
Complete Customization to Suit Your Needs
Magstar Total Retail is highly customizable and will be tailored to accomplish exactly what you need it to. We work closely with you to really understand your business and how the software can be further configured to simplify and streamline your operations.
To think we used to do things without these systems helping us is unimaginable. Anita Fiest, Value Drug Mart
ERP as Part of Your Expansion Roadmap
You have ambitions for your business and you want to see it grow.
Multi-location drugstore owners choose Magstar because of our successful track record of helping clients to expand and open new locations with minimized difficulty.
We start you off with what you need, when you need it, and add features and capabilities as your operations grow. No wasted money on having to reinvest in a new software solution down the road.
Leveraging Intelligent Automation
Magstar’s solution offers a number of ways to save you and your employees valuable time, and the key to them is automation. As your drug store chain grows and you add locations and employees, daily processes like sales reports, payroll tracking, ordering and distribution become less feasible to do manually.
Magstar has the ability to shift these tasks from a manual to an automatic process as you need them, helping to reduce the pains of expansion so you can focus on maintaining your success.
The model they use of providing you with the foundation of the software and adding on things as you require them works well for us. You only pay for what you need. Jerry Fagen, Fagen Pharmacy