The Advantage of a Single
End-to-End ERP Software
Forging a seamless connection between your Point of Sale, accounting software and inventory system is essential for a retailer managing multiple locations.
It makes life easier for both employees and head office, resulting in a smoother experience for your customers, but it also eliminates gaps in communication that can be security vulnerabilities.
How Will ERP Benefit Wine and Spirits Businesses?
The tangible benefits of a comprehensive ERP solution are quite significant.
Detailed Product Profiles
There’s more to a bottle of wine or scotch than just a price and a product name. Magstar’s product profiles are preconfigured to contain all the varied information that you need to track, including:
- size code
- unit of measure
- tasting notes
Intelligent Inventory Management
By monitoring and ordering inventory using an automated system designed for wine and spirits users, you can:
- Quickly identify understocked items
- Automate replenishment and distribution
- Accommodate limited space and maximize visibility of best-selling items
- Match inventory to the unique needs and demands of each of your locations
- Manage single items found in multiple in-store locations, keeping both shelves and endcaps fully stocked
- Buy, book, sell and ship wine futures
The more flexible you can be in how a customer buys from you, the more opportunities you get to sell products and the happier the customer is.
Magstar’s Omnichannel ERP solution interfaces with web and mobile solutions and when integrated with all your channels can allow your customers to:
- Call ahead to a store and set aside items for them to come in and purchase later
- Make a purchase in-store and have the items shipped from there
- Purchase products online and go to their local store to pick up the items
- Place orders in-store to be fulfilled at a scheduled date
Accommodate Complex Product Mixes
Wine and spirits stores often offer a wide range of product – beyond just the difference between a beer and a bourbon, there are also other considerations like:
- Interfacing your inventory to your store planogram, understanding which shelf space is dedicated to specific vendors, and which products are interchangeable
- Grouping product variations by brand and intelligently prioritizing best selling items within the vendor’s allotted shelf space when inventory exceeds capacity
- Accommodating non-alcohol items like mixers, snacks and deli-counters
- Classifying product types that cannot be replenished infinitely, like vintages
- Case pricing for a single case containing a mix-and-match of bottles and brands
Track and Understand Buying Patterns
Sell more by gathering deep, meaningful insights about the communities you serve and their unique tastes from location to location - utilizing your valuable shelf space for the products that sell best.
- Collect customer information into Magstar’s CRM whenever you scan an ID
- Aggregate your sales data from the POS to track the trends and seasonalities, understanding your niche and offering the ideal beverages at the right time
- Track the performance of sales and marketing campaigns to see what’s working
- Tailor your offerings from store to store, getting down to granular variations that maximize loyalty within unique communities
Product Development Driven
by Wine and Spirits Industry Best Practices
You’re not just any other retailer – your business comes with unique challenges that call for specialized solutions, and Magstar understands that. The solution comes preconfigured with the core fields, reports and automated workflows that all wine and spirits stores need.
Magstar has spent thirty years establishing close relationships with wine and spirits experts and is involved in a number of industry organizations like the Wine Guild and BevMedia. It’s through these relationships that we are able to incorporate many industry-specific best practices into our software development.
Stay on top of regulatory compliance with built in alerts for needed actions like ID verification.
Keep track of the specialized product information essential to your operations, like:
Magstar’s software has definitely made my life easier. The POS system performs much better than what we had in place before and the marriage between our accounting software, our POS and our inventory software has been a huge benefit. Drew Malsbury, Bottle King
We Don’t Believe In “One Size Fits All”
Other ERP solutions expect you to fit into their mold. We offer you the software features we know all wine and spirits stores need while understanding that your business is still unique and should be treated that way.
Our team brings decades of wine and spirits retail experience to the table - that means if you want something done, we either already know how to make it happen or else we’re confident we can figure it out. We’re not happy unless you have exactly what you need for your business to flourish.
Complete Customization to Suit Your Needs
Magstar Total Retail is highly customizable and will be tailored to accomplish exactly what you need it to. We work closely with you to really understand your business and how the software can be further configured to simplify and streamline your operations.
Magstar never says no – if we need a customization done, they make it happen. Lauren Vena, Passion Vines
ERP as Part of Your Expansion Roadmap
You have ambitions for your business and you want to see it grow.
Multi-location wine and spirits store owners choose Magstar because of our successful track record of helping clients to expand and open new locations with minimized difficulty.
We start you off with what you need, when you need it, and add features and capabilities as your operations grow. No wasted money on having to reinvest in a new software solution down the road.
Leveraging Intelligent Automation
Magstar’s solution offers a number of ways to save you and your employees valuable time, and the key to them is automation. As your wine and spirits store chain grows and you add locations and employees, daily processes like sales reports, payroll tracking, ordering and distribution become less feasible to do manually.
Magstar has the ability to shift these tasks from a manual to an automatic process as you need them, helping to reduce the pains of expansion so you can focus on maintaining your success.
We picked Magstar because we want and expect to grow – we looked specifically at the company’s track record for helping retailers make the transition from smaller to more medium-sized. Lauren Vena, Passion Vines